Huntingdon Gymnastics Club is looking to recruit a full-time Apprentice Gymnastics Coach to enable someone to take their first steps into a career within sport. This is an opportunity for aspiring gymnastics coach to gain both experience and British Gymnastics Coaching qualifications in an established gymnastics club. In addition they will complete a Level 2 NVQ recognised nationally by Sport England.
Responsible to the Head of Participation Gymnastics, the successful candidate will gain experience coaching in a wide variety of sessions across the club. The coach will undertake a level 1 and a level 2 coaching qualification in a British Gymnastics Discipline. In addition the candidate will complete a Level 2 NVQ Community Activator Coach qualification.
- Initial apprentice pay of £6 per hour
- 40 hours per week over 5 days (either Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday to Saturday), including 8 hours college release time to complete educational training.
- 32 days of annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Opportunities to develop coaching skills through weekly internal staff training clinics lead by our senior coaching team.
- Funded British Gymnastics coaching courses with mentoring support from our coaching team.
- An opportunity to inspire and nurture the next generation of Gymnasts.
- The ideal candidate would hold a passion for the sport of gymnastics.
- The successful candidate will have some experience of sports coaching.
HGC is an equal opportunity employer